Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Irina Lazareanu

Irina Lazareanu is definitely one of the cutest girls I’ve ever seen. Her style is effortless- I love the fact that she looks as though she just threw something on. But what sets her apart from others who go for this “I don’t care” look is that she actually looks divine. She can pull of both masculine and feminine looks, which (I would think) works to her advantage for fashion shows and such. She has modeled for Chanel, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, John Galliano, Luella, Marc Jacobs, Jovovich-Hawk, Karl Lagerfeld, Proenza, and Anna Sui just to name a few. And as if she wasn't already successful enough, she has also co-written a track for the British rock group Babyshambles.

“I’m very influenced by the whole 1960s–1970s London era, not only in terms of my clothes but also in terms of the music I listen to, the movies I watch, the writers I read. Those influences probably translates into my personal style in an unconscious way.”





Pictures courtesy of New York Magazine


And what I wore yesterday out to Michaels and then Sprouts. I bought some nifty things from Michaels to make some bracelets based on the Lulu Frost/Nylon video on youtube. And for those of you who don't have a Sprouts near you, you're seriously missing out! It's the coolest healthiest food store everrrr. Bought some stuff to make chocolate chip/cranberry cookies. Yum.





And the finished bracelet:



Bad pictures, sorry. Do you think I could sell them for 5$?

The Lulu Frost video itself.



And lastly, what I wore today to school.




(click all pictures to enlarge)


I designed this last top and got it stitched in India :) Yay me

9 comments:

Unknown said...

i've been watching her since she's been on the scene and she's mos def one of my biggest style influences. if only i could pull of bangs as well as she. i'll just have to content myself with her as my inspiration rather than my future hair twin. xD

LalaLiu said...

cute outfits and love the bracelet! irina was always one of my favorite models, but i think it was more of the fact that she was just so cool.

LalaLiu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

your last outfit's really cute, & i agree about irina being really versatile. i think her face matches perfectly with the era she gets inspiration from also.

another thing: i love the header for your blog!

Aisha said...

Irina is my secret girl crush. She's so beautiful to me and really can dress, she's effortlessly cool.

Uh, I love the bracelet you made!

The Stylish Wanderer said...

Irina is my most favorite model and hero. I love her.

Sammie said...

i really love that lulu frost video. i think you would be able to sell those bracelets, especially if they went to some kind of cause. now i want to go out and make some of my own !

Marilyn Hayward said...

I love Irina and I really really love that last outfit you posted! So gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

I should think you could get a lot more than $5 for the bracelets- they are charming!! And I love the black and white top! You have real talent- keep it up!! :->