Thursday, February 7, 2008

Dear Readers,

(Yes, all 5 of you!)

I apologize for my lack of interesting posts and similarity in outfits. I promise I will think of some neat stuff to write about!

But, first, what I wore today. It's basically like yesterdays with a different top half.







The jacket has a babydoll-type cut as shown in the wonderful 2nd picture (yes, the hunchback one ha). I found it in my closet last night, I vaguely remember getting it as a Christmas present 3 years ago. Yay.

Anyyyyyways, the other day I was reading my dad's Fortune magazine and came across an article called "Busting out of the Botiques." It was an article about fice small business owners who will apaprently be global brands. Out of the five different models showing clothes, Rachel Comey's caught my eye. Rachel Comey showed her first collection (menswear) only two days about 9/11! Imagine how stressfull it must have been for her! But despite the day, she ended up selling many orders to big botiques mainly because David Bowie had been seen wearing her designs. A few seasons later, she decided that she was over menswear and she now focuses solely on women.

She could have definetely taken more risks with her Spring 2008 collection but overall, it was nice in a simple way. Definetely wearable, and most of the clothes give off a spring-ish vibe. The collection considsted of mostly high-waisted shorts, little dresses, flowy skirts, belted waists, florals (obviously), stripes, and pastel colors.





I then moved on to her Fall 2008 Collection. It was way more fun and, for lack of a better term, risque than Spring. There were loud prints, deep jewel-y colors, and funny looking furry things everywhere. It was super entertaining to look at and very inspirational in many ways.





The first two looks in the middle row are my favorite.
Which do you like better? Spring or Fall?

(click everything to enlarge)

6 comments:

anna. said...

yr outfit is adorable,
how did u get that awesome header thing?
lol.

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog. Thanks to you, I've discovered Rachel Comey. =D

Sammie said...

I like the outfit, that jacket is adoreable. Also, thanks to you I've discovered Rachel Comey. I have to say I like the spring collection best, mostly because I love the feeling and look of brighter colored, and lightweight clothes.

We Bite The Sharks said...

I love this post.
I am not her biggest fan, but her designs are definately superb.



-Emmy

Wendy said...

Nice outfit and the jewelry is awesome!

Stephanie said...

I loved fall a thousand times better! The mixed prints/layering was really great and gave me tons of good ideas.