Monday, March 10, 2008

Inspirational Cartoons

I am an avid reader of Archies comics. They are my life. I probably have more than 150 of them and I've read all of them at least 20 times each (No lie.) Last night, I was rereading some as usual and started to notice the clothing. Even though the comics are all at least 5 years old, most of the clothes go along with today's fashions. They're a combination of trendy, classy, and fun.


I love the a-line buttons and large sweater combo.



I want that green dress.




Love the sweater dress, vest, and cowboy boots combo.




Those tights/leggings are maybe the coolest thing I've ever seen.



Trench and scarf, classic.



Menswear done right.



Geek chic!


I had more, but Blogger is being mean to me again.
Which ones are your favorite?

PS- Don't forget to vote in the poll! :)

16 comments:

fatal attraction said...

omg this is amazing. they actually have really awesome style. now i have to go pick up some archies comics!

Sammie said...

i love them all, especially the first one! i need to start reading the Archie comics.

Anonymous said...

hey sridevi

i read archie comics as well!
some of the one that you posted, i have read.
great post :]

anna. said...

i never thought to look to COMICS for inspiration.
my favorite is the yellow shorts/whitebelt/red blouse combo.

T said...

wow those are awesome
i want more

Monika said...

interesting analysis of comic fashion ;-)

Marilyn Hayward said...

I love betty and veronica...haha. That green dress is particularly awesome!

Anonymous said...

im also an avid reader of Archie comics but i NEVER realized how stylish betty&veronca were! i really loved like each outfit there and am totally inspired. it really shows how much we take from the past!

LDF said...

I'm a bit of an Archie nerd also and I have to point out that they always use older stories from the 50's to the 90's in the books and supplement them with a few new stories.
That is why some of the clothes look "dated" or 80's.
Kind of lazy but that's how they've always done it.
Good post!

Manasa R said...

Being an Archie ENTHUSIAST/AFICIONADO , i have to say, awesomeee post.
betty and veronica have some pretty cool clothes (or the artists have good style ideas. whatever).

; )

emily said...

i've always realized the style in archie comics too, but the older ones from like the early 70's because i read my dad's old archie comics hehe. i sometimes just want all of their clothes! haha, that sounds so sad =]

emily said...

i've always realized the style in archie comics too, but the older ones from like the early 70's because i read my dad's old archie comics hehe. i sometimes just want all of their clothes! haha, that sounds so sad =]

Anonymous said...

i LOOOOOVE the tights.

i wish i could find them.
i also like the trench/scarf combo.


noce outfits, too!

Anonymous said...

i have been reading archie comics for 12 years and i recently started noticing that they have really cute outfits haha. nice post.

pay per head said...

Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://vtyupdr.com]fyRFEVvlHg[/url] - QjsSDoVrUfeI - http://iluubcb.com