Sunday, January 20, 2008

What's In for Spring 2008

Yes, I am psychic.
Naht. I was browsing style.com and came upon the 2008 Spring Style Trends. They consisted of "bare market"- basically, showing some skin and see through items; "boy meets girl"-androgny everywhere; "hippie revival"-fringe and tie dye; "neon bible"-dazzling shades of green, orange, yellow, pink, blue, etc; "nice stems"-floral everything; and finally "style tribes"-bold african/indian inspired prints. My favorite would have to be the latter. Ever since I got back from India (beginning of this month), my eyes have just been drawn to everything with an ethnic print. It's like the dormant ethnic side to me has finally been revived. I also can't help but to notice the prices of everything printed I look at. I actually bought a top in India for about 10$ converted in this beautiful black and white print. And as it so happens, I was browsing Net-a-Porter and saw an identical printed top for like 500$. Moral of this story: Go to India and buy clothes.




(click for bigger)

5 comments:

xoxkateangelbaby said...

India must have been incredible! And yes, the real thing straight from the country would be 10x better than what a famous designer makes.

Wendy said...

You have a great sense of humor. If you can't import straight from the country, you still shouldn't drop so much money on designer. I mean, stores like Forever21 will probably be selling India-inspired tops in no time.

biancaaa said...

hippie revival??
ahh that seems to be a reoccurring trend!
thanks for posting this i really like the pictures!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I like the term "neon bible." I'm looking forward the spring's trends and warm weather!!!

Andy said...

yumm.its gonna be a great summer! ;)