Saturday, January 12, 2008

Oh, Proenza

So I have a confession. I used to never really follow fashion shows and all that jazz. Sure, I knew all the big designers and the ones I stumbled upon in Vogue and Nylon, but I never went online looking for shows, etc. But I’m starting to get really into browsing the Ready-to-Wear collections on Style.com. First collection I looked at: Proenza Schouler. I have to say, I never really looked at any of their clothes besides when they had the little line at Target going on, but the collection definitely pleasantly surprised me.




Runway collections always seemed extremely unpractical and exxagerated to me (which they are). But Proenza Schouler's Spring 2008 Ready-to-Wear collection definetely changed my opinion about that. I could totally see people wearing these or variations of these outfits outside. I used to hate the whole tailored look, but I think I could really get into it. If I was cool as Stephanie (writer of the blog boomshakkalakka), I would recreate this looks. But sadly, I am not.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Don't say that, your blog is awesome so far! I'm definitely going to keep checking it out.
I would definitely recommend looking at more designers on vogue.co.uk though - I used to see them all as impractical and unwearable but slowly my opinion changed and now I can't imagine myself NOT wearing my favorites (comme des garcons, alexander mcqueen, john galliano, vivienne westwood) if I actually owned them. Maybe start simple though, with ones like Luella, Willow, Temperly, Rachel Comey, etc and move on from there?
Oh and about the google Ad Sense thing, I think it's probably trustworthy as it's google but your parents will have to ok it because you need to enter your tax information first. Thanks for clicking my ads too, if you get some I'll definitely click them as well.

Ana said...

i agree. Proenza Schouler was very wearable and nicely tailored.

But the designers are two guys not a girl. :-)

xoxo
surreal/ana

sridevi said...

wowww i told you i was bad :)
i fixed it, thank you hahah
i am embarassed

Flora Korkis said...

The 3rd and 4th outfits are awesome, especially the 4th. The colours and patterns are really interesting.

Unknown said...

Honestly, I don't know much about designer's collections, mostly stuff I pick up from osmosis. Like here, these are great photos!

Taking inspiration from looks isn't very hard. Really, it comes naturally, like if you look in your closet and think, "hmm, this reminds me of Proenza Schuler. Think I'll wear it today!" Just look for items that remind you of whatever you've sought inspiration from, and complete the outfit the way you would yourself, and ta-da, you've got it!

Andy said...

i think i've never seen her ready-to-wear collections on style.com but i have to admit that Proenza Schouler is a really nice designer! i checked a little bit right now and i found a lot amazing clothes! and these you chose on the picture here are awesome too. i really like it ! nice post.