Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Home Sweet Home

If you couldn't tell from the title, I am back from my 1 1/2 day trip to Vegas! :-) It was very relaxing, I have to say.
We stayed at New York New York:


The view from our room:




We reached there Sunday night- ate at a Mexican place in the hotel and walked around some. In the night, my parents went to gamble (good parenting skills, ya?) and I was left to myself in the room. But it was okay, I watched some tv and finished up my book that I hadn't been getting any time to read. The next day, we went to this huge mall called Fashion Show Mall. It was probably the biggest mall I've ever seen (besides the HBK mall in Thailand but that's a different story!) It had some good shops and I bought some sweatpants from Express (haha!), a white top and necklace from Forever 21, and some new jeans from Zara. I've been needing new jeans for a while now. They're not as tight in the leg as I'd like, but they make my butt look nice :-) And while we're talking about jeans, does anyone know what brand/store sells tight-in-the-leg jeans? Not too tight, but pretty fitted? You would be much help! Anyways, I wore this shopping (sorry for the bad picture!):


Marroon shorts (Old Navy), White pinstriped button down (Kaitlyn), Black & White swing-type jacket (Gift), Necklace (Urban Outfitters), Sandals-not shown (India).


I'll probably be wearing what I bought soon, so I'll post the pictures then!
That night, we went to see Le Reve, which was amazing. It was an aquatic show and I would have taken pictures for all of you but you weren't allowed to :-( But if anyone if going to Vegas soon, I definetely reccomend it! I wish I could do what the performers did, they were crazy. I did snag a picture of the "stage":

It was basically a pool of water, with occasional "floors" coming up every now and then. It was pretty cool :-)



I wore (cheesy pose!):


Top: Forever 21, Cardigan: American Apparel, Navy Tights: Albertsons, Boots: Steve Madden via Famous Footwear


After the show that night, my eyes were bothering me so I went back to the room and ordered room service by myself :-) The food was delicious and huge and wonderful!


Nachos, guac, salsa, and french fries!
The next day (today), we left :( We stopped at some outlets and I finally found some denim shorts that I've been searching for! They're a little loose but I'm hoping a few rounds in the dryer will fix that! Also, does anyone know how to destroy denim?

And now my huge post is done!

6 comments:

biancaaa said...

I love your last outfit. and vegas looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

they have zara at fashion show? wow must have missed it. but I've only been there once, but I go like every year so I'll keep my eye out this summer. i'm cautious though because I hate paying tax. where I live we don't pay tax :) it's nice.

cute outfit, what with the blurred crotch haha

sridevi said...

Anonymous- Haha thanks! You lucky, lucky girl. I don't know how much tax is in Vegas but I'm guessing it's less than California! It's like 7.75% here!

jess said...

your white dress in the last one is pretty cool. did u ride the roller coaster in new york new york??

Anonymous said...

i like your outfit!
and i want that food!!!
and that view is cooooool!

the show looks like it was sweeetsauce!

i think you should get some goggle glasses so you can run with me. k coooOL!

AllTheGirls said...

Wow! Amazing post. I have to say.



you have amazing outfits.

-Mitch